Garrison Skins Bonspiel
February 16 & 17 2019
Eligibility: Adult (18+)
Format: Open Teams Format
Cost : $220/team
Food: Dinner on Saturday Night
To enter contact the office at 403 242-8191 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Skins format differes from regular curling in that a point ‘skin’ is awarded for each end won, with the skin value for each end increasing as the game progresses. A skin is awarded if the team with the hammer scores two or more points or the opposing team steals the end. If neither of these occur the skin is carried over to the next end and the total value at stake grows. This results in a very exciting offensive style of play where every end is like the final end of the game with teams going all out to win. At the completion of each end the team with the most skin value wins the game.
- Games will be Six ends (each end will be referred to as a ‘skin’).A coin flip will determine the hammer and stone color.
- If your team has the hammer you must have at least two stones counting to take the skin.
- If your team does not have the hammer you must steal at least one to take the skin.
- If the team with the hammer only counts one point or the end is blanked, the skin is carried over and added to the value of the next skin.
- After a skin is taken by a team, the hammer belongs to the other team for the next end (same as usual, if you score, the other team gets the hammer).
- The hammer will also turn over to the opposing team if the end is ‘blanked’ or the team with the hammer only counts one stone for the end.
- The four rock Free Guard Zone rule applies as do all other ‘standard’ curling rules